WV Patriots for Peace Board of Directors
- Lida Shepherd, President
- Tom Pendleton, Treasurer
- Hedda Hanging
- Penny Kehde
- Jim Lewis
- Abdul Qazi
- Paul Sheridan
- Robin Wilson
- Rose Edington
- Gary Zuckett
Next board meeting: Thursday, April 23rd at 5:15pm at the CAG office.. ALL ARE WELCOME!
National Service Options and Resources
A wealth of information and resources to assist in the options for national service.
Military, Reservists and National Guard
Up-to-date info on veterans rights, military families assistance and returning home concerns…health, jobs and counseling, plus timely articles on current military issues.
- GI Rights: where folks can call for info re: discharges, CO, awol/ua, hazing etc.
- Veterans For Peace – Veterans working together for peace & justice through non-violence. Wage PEACE!
- Iraq Veterans Against the War
- Military Families Speak Out – an organization of people who are opposed to war in Iraq and who have relatives or loved ones in the military.
- Gold Star Families for Peace, an affiliate of Military Families Speak Out – We as families of soldiers who have died as a result of war are organized to be a positive force in our world to bring our country’s sons and daughters home from Iraq, to minimize the “human cost” of this war, and to prevent other families from the pain we are feeling as the result of our losses.
Information for youth on draft registration, military recruitment and conscientious objector status – printable flyers.
- American Friends Service Committee – Youth and Militarism – enlistment facts, recruiting in schools, counter-recruitment basics, draft registration, conscientious objection, Opt-Out, free downloadable publications.
- Center on Conscience and War
- Mennonite Central Committee – Conscientious Objection in the US
Community and Church Involvement – How You Can Help With Support at Home and Abroad
Volunteerism in church and veterans hospitals, education for youth, support for troops abroad…available soon!